Management professionals at business parks throughout the United States have a lot on their plates when it comes to the security of the businesses that reside there. While vandalism and theft may be two of their primary concerns, other potential hazards could put people and property at risk.
Businesses that operate out of your business park want to know that their customers and employees are safe and that their equipment, money and other valuable assets are protected when they are out of the office. Responsible business park managers know that security cameras and security systems have their limits when it comes to protecting the premises. One of the most effective ways to secure the space and provide peace of mind is to hire security guards to patrol the property.
The benefits of professional security guards patrolling your property and monitoring for suspicious behavior far outweigh the costs. At Off Duty Officers, we pride ourselves in providing comprehensive and affordable security guard solutions for business parks of any size. We strive to give our customers the peace of mind they need to excel in business and to be comfortable while at work.
The Top Security Risks for Business Parks
Vandalism and theft are two of the most common crimes that take place in business parks. However, there are plenty of other security risks that must be addressed by the security company that you hire.
Not all security guard companies are created equal when it comes to their experience, expertise and professionalism. Before contracting with any company, you must have a clear understanding of the risks facing your specific property. A highly professional security company will be able to help you identify potential security threats and suggest the right solutions to meet your needs and your budget.
Some of the most common crimes that impact a business park of any size include:
- Break-ins of business park tenants
- Vandalism of tenant property and office buildings
- Loitering by unwanted visitors
- Vehicle break-ins in parking lots or garages
- Muggings in parking lots or garages
- Physical assaults, especially after hours
- Unauthorized vehicles parking in lots and garages
This list is by no means comprehensive, but it can give you a good idea of the many potential threats to business parks. Professional security guards from a company such as Off Duty Officers can help deter these crimes by their mere presence on the property. Security guards have the training and skills to mitigate threats even before they occur and act quickly and appropriately to crimes that are in action.
In addition to these general roles, security guards can serve many other purposes at a business park:
- Monitor for suspicious behavior or vehicles on the property
- Report maintenance issues to the appropriate department
- Monitor parking lots for inoperable lighting or other hazards
- Enforce parking and visitor rules
- Perform mobile patrols at regular and staggered intervals, both during and after business hours
- Provide detailed reports of incidents to the authorities
How can security guards protect your business park from threats?
- Tenants of a business park are not typically on the property 24 hours a day. Therefore, it is essential to have a dedicated security team to monitor the property after hours and deter criminals from perpetrating their crimes in the cover of night. Even though many crimes may occur after hours, it is critical to understand that still many crimes occur during the day while businesses are open. 24-hour security services keep your business safe at all times and give your tenants the peace of mind they need.
- When employees and visitors to your property see a uniformed security guard on the premises, they instantly know that you care about their safety. When an issue arises, a professional uniformed security guard is often the first point of contact to solicit assistance or assist in navigating a larger business park. Security guards can also provide services to help ensure that employees leaving late at night or arriving early in the morning feel safe on the property, in parking lots and parking structures.
- A dedicated security team can help your business park run smoothly during busy hours in the morning and evenings. They can assist with monitoring traffic and controlling access to visitors. Security professionals can also help in the unfortunate event of workplace violence or an outburst by a disgruntled employee or customer.
Off Duty Officers - Business Park Security Professionals
If you own or operate a business park, you must provide your tenants and property visitors with professional security personnel. Contact the security professionals at Off Duty Officers today to learn more about our security guard solutions for your business park. Our security specialists are standing by to help you assess your specific risks and to provide suggestions that meet your needs and budget.
When you need security personnel who aim higher
Call Off Duty Officers, Inc. to find out how we can serve your business.
Off Duty Officers, Inc. provides armed and unarmed, off duty law enforcement and security personnel for both short- and long-term assignments. Contact us for an instant